We are pleased to support EMAHK’s technical visit to San Wai Sewage Treatment Works on March 2, 2019 (Saturday).
The existing San Wai Sewage Treatment Works (SWSTW) began construction in the 1980s. It was completed in 1992 for civil works and 1993 for E&M works. In order to improve effluent quality, the plant is being expanded and upgraded from preliminary treatment to chemical treatment processes with disinfection. During this upgrade, greening ideas are also incorporated for the new facility.
Details of the project:
- A designated project under Schedule 2 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (Chapter 499).
- Focuses on sustainable development and targets to obtain BEAM Plus Platinum rating.
- To support sustainable development, a Sustainable Policy was established and a carbon audit was conducted.
- Received the Outstanding Environmental Management & Performance Award under the 24th Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme.
Event details as follow:
|Date:||2 March 2019 (Saturday)|
|Time:||9:00am – 12:00noon|
|Meeting Point:||Outside Exit D of Kowloon Tong MTR Station to board coach|
|Fees:||$100 (for EMAHK & HKIQEP members), $150 (non-members)|
|Seat Availability:||20 seats|
|Number of CPD:||2-hour CPD (certificate will be issued to participants at the end of the visit.)|
Safety helmets and safety shoes are required to enter the site. While safety helmets are provided by the host, each participant MUST bring their own safety shoes. Participants without the appropriate PPE may be DENIED ENTRY and no refund will be provided.
Due to the tight timing, please follow the registration steps below:
- Complete the registration form using the link below.
- Deposit the appropriate fees ($100 for members, $150 for non-members) to EMAHK’s bank account (details below).
- Write your name and membership number on the deposit receipt and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAHK Account details:
Bank: Dah Sing Bank
- Account name: The Environmental Management Association of Hong Kong
- Account number: 83-3000317-6
NOTE: Your registration is not confirmed until full payment is received.
Inquiry details: email@example.com
Look forward to meeting you there!