Qualification Process to HKIQEP Professional Membership 2018-19
Result of HKIQEP Professional Membership has released.
To be elected as Professional Members, applicants have to meet the eligibility requirements and pass our qualification process.
For the requirements, please click HERE.
Our qualification process consists of two parts:
- Professional Assessment (Part I)*; and
- Professional Assessment (Part II)*.
*Professional Assessment (Part I) and (Part II) are formerly known as Qualification Examination and Professional Assessment respectively.
Applicants of Professional Membership have to pass the Professional Assessment (Part I) before taking the Professional Assessment (Part II).
(I) Professional Assessment (Part I)
- The application deadline is now extended to 30 June 2018 due to a number of gentle requests.
- Date: 18 August 2018 (Saturday) (19 August 2018 in case of inclement weather)
- Time: 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Venue: City University of Hong Kong
- It is a 3-hour written examination in English consisting of 100 multiple-choice (MC) questions in six areas: (I.) Air, (II.) Environmental Science, Management & Policy (ESMP), (III.) Environmental Impact Assessment and Health Impact Assessment (EIA & HA), (IV.) Noise, (V.) Waste, and (VI.) Water.
- To pass the Professional Assessment (Part I), candidates must achieve the respective passing score in each of the six areas (Air, ESMP, EIA & HA, Noise, Waste, and Water) as well as an overall pass.
- It is open to the public and there is no prerequisite requirement for the application.
- The results of Professional Assessment (Part I) can stay valid till the applicants fulfill the eligibility requirements of Professional Membership up to a maximum of 5 years.
- For the syllabus details (version 3.01.2018), please click HERE
- For the videos of syllabus orientation 2017, please click HERE
(II) Professional Assessment (Part II)
- After passing the Professional Assessment (Part I), candidates can apply for the HKIQEP Professional Membership by submitting an application form with required supporting documents to the HKIQEP Secretariat.
- A Professional Assessment (Part II) will be arranged for candidates who have passed the Professional Assessment (Part I) and met the eligibility requirements of Professional Membership.
- It consists of two parts, both in English: Written test (20 minutes) and Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Candidates will be tested in 5 attributes:
- Validation of environmental experience and knowledge,
- Awareness of environmental policy, legislations, and current issues,
- Management experience,
- Professional ethics and conduct, and;
- Communication skills.
- The score ranges from 0 to 3 for each of these attributes.
- To pass the Professional Assessment (Part II), candidates cannot score 0 in any attribute, and shall obtain an overall score of 10 or above.
- For the details of the attributes, please click HKIQEP Professional Assessment Part II Evaluation Rubric 2018-19
- Candidates who have passed both Professional Assessment (Part I) and (Part II) will be considered to be elected as the Professional Members by the HKIQEP Executive Committee.
- Application Period: 01 July – 31 October 2018
- Assessment (Part II) Date: January – February 2019
(III) Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- After a successful election, members have to fulfill the CPD requirements for membership renewal.
- Members are encouraged to adopt a “balanced” approach, adopting a combination of CPD activities in 6 areas: Air, Environmental Science, Management & Policy, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Health Impact Assessment (HA), Noise, Waste, and Water.
- Details please click HERE
(IV) Important Dates 2018-19
|Briefing Session on HKIQEP Qualification Process||14 April 2018|
|Professional Assessment (Part I) Application Period||15 April – 30 June 2018|
|Professional Assessment (Part I)||18 August 2018 (19 August 2018 in case of inclement weather)|
|Professional Assessment (Part I) Result Notification||September 2018|
|Professional Membership Application Period||01 July – 31 October 2018|
|Professional Assessment (Part II)||January – February 2019|
|12/19/26 January 2019|
|02/16 February 2019|
|Professional Assessment (Part II) Result Notification||March 2019|
For those eligible applicants who passed the Qualification Examination in 2016 or 2017, we may arrange the Professional Assessment (Part II) between September and November 2018 depending on the situation.
The schedules will be subject to change and applicants are required to visit our website for any updates.
|Qualification Process 2018-19||Fee|
|1. Professional Assessment (Part I)||HKD 500|
|2. Application of Professional Membership||HKD 300|
|3. Professional Assessment (Part II)||HKD1,200|
|(to be taken upon the assessment is granted)|
|4. Annual Subscription Fee of Professional Member||HKD 800*|
|(to be taken upon successful election)|
Updated on 13 March 2019