Qualification Process to HKIQEP Professional Membership 2017-18
- Application for Professional Member is now CLOSED.
- For the study guide, please ignore Section 4.5.1 “Environmental Monitoring” and Section 4.5.2 “Environmental Quality Performance Limits” (P.148-149) due to duplication.
- Application for Qualification Examination is now CLOSED.
- A notification letter is issued to candidates by 11 August 2017. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (852) 6898 1507 if you do not receive any after 11 August 2017.
- Candidates are strongly advised to study carefully the “Guidance Notes for to HKIQEP Examination 2017” before coming to the Examination.
- All candidates should have received a study guide email in early July. Please contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive any.
- Syllabus and Recommended Readings are now available (Version 3)**
- To pass the Examination, candidates must achieve passing scores in each of the six areas (Air, EIA &HA, ESMP, Noise, Waste, and Water) as well as obtain an overall pass.
(I) Qualification Examination
- Application Period: 01 May 2017 – 30 June 2017
- Examination Date: 19 August 2017 (Saturday)
- Examination Venue: City University of Hong Kong
- Syllabus Orientation: 17 June 2017 (Saturday) Register HERE
- All people are welcome to take the MC Examination.
- A proof of recognized Institutional Partner membership is only required when applying for the Professional Assessment AFTER passing the MC examination.
- The results of MC examination will stay valid till the applicants fulfil the eligibility criteria of Professional Membership up to a maximum of 5 years.
- Students are strongly advised to apply HKIQEP Student Membership instead of taking this examination.
- Guidance Notes for to HKIQEP Examination 2017
- Syllabus and Recommended Readings (2017-18) VERSION 3**
- Syllabus Orientation Materials 2017
(II) Application Package
- Membership Requirement
- Professional Member shall be supported by three Professional Members, Founding Fellows or Fellows.
- You may find potential supporters on our Membership Directory
- Carefully read the guidelines on the application form to understand the requirements and procedures for Membership
(III) Professional Assessment
- It is comprised of an interview and 20-minute short written test.
- Language: English
- Professional Assessment Evaluation Rubric (2017-18)
(IV) Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Members shall adopt a “balanced” approach, adopting a combination of CPD activities in 6 areas: Environmental Science, Management & Policy, Air, Water, Noise, Waste, EIA (&HA)
- Details please click HERE
(V) Important Dates 2017-18
|Qualification Examination Application Period||01 May 2017-30 June 2017|
|Syllabus Orientation||17 June 2017|
|Qualification Examination||19 August 2017|
|Examination Result Notification||September 2017|
|Professional Member Application Period||01 July 2017-31 October 2017|
|Professional Assessment Period||December 2017 -February 2018|
|Assessment Result Notification||March-April 2018|
For those who passed the Examination in 2016, we may arrange the Professional Assessment between August to November 2017 depending on the situation.
All fees are non-refundable