Background and Introduction
Air and noise modelling is a significant component in the environmental impact assessment and land use planning process in Hong Kong. To support and encourage professional development in these areas, HKIQEP has launched a certification scheme to identify and certify experienced air and noise modelling practitioners.
- Recognizes the importance of air and noise modelling expertise;
- Identifies competent persons with the appropriate knowledge and expertise to conduct air and noise modelling work;
- Encourages the engagement of certified modellers in environmental impact assessment and land use planning processes, to allow a more effective and efficient completion of the required model work; and
- Provides a platform for knowledge exchange and development for air and noise modelling professionals in Hong Kong.
The Scheme is composed of two parts:
- Assessment of a candidate’s in-depth understanding and practical experience of air/noise modelling systems, and
- Ongoing continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure modelling professionals maintain and advance their knowledge and expertise.
CPD requirements will be similar to those for HKIQEP Professional Membership and may include additional optional and/or compulsory update workshops from time to time. Full details will be announced shortly.
Refer to the Scheme Details and 2023 Application Process document for descriptions of each step.